Re: [squid-users] credentialsttl

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 08 Jul 2003 18:35:36 +0200

tis 2003-07-08 klockan 14.07 skrev Alejandro Javier Pomeraniec:

> I am using squid_ldap_auth helper to authenticate.
>
> I need squid to query the helper again to any user that has been inactive for a period of time, let's say 20 minutes.

You can set Squid to query the helper lets say every 20 minutes via the
credentailsttl parameter.

However, note that this has nothing to do with the interaction between
the user and Squid or how often the user needs to log in. All this
controls is how long Squid may assume the password of the user has not
changed.

If you want the user to have to login again after a certain period of
inactivity then this has to be configured within the browser.

The browser logs in to Squid on each and every request and the only
reason why the user does not have to login all the time is because the
browser remembers the login+password and automatically sends the same
login+password on future requests to the proxy. If you want the user to
have to login again after 20 minutes of inactivity then you have to make
the browser forget the users login after 20 minutes of inactivity, there
is nothing the proxy can do about this.