Re: [squid-users] Intermittent Cache DNS problem

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 09:06:31 +0200

Venieris Yiannos wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am using Squid from within Smoothwall. Lately, (2 to 3 times a day) I get the following error:
>
> "The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL"
>
> I resolve it by restarting the firewall. Is there a better way?

 That depends , you are leaving many parameters unspecified :

   - Which version of squid are you using ?
   - On which platform/os/version ?

   - How is your DNS setup, are you using internal or external DNS ?
   - Which are your DNS servers ?
   - Are they working reliable ?

   - Any DNS errors of squid before or during normal operation in
cache.log ?
   - Use DNS stats in squid's cachemgr to observer potention problems
     (DNS request queues )

 M.

--
 'Love is truth without any future.