[squid-users] avoiding DNS lookups for some hosts

From: Brett Lymn <blymn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 21:52:14 +0930

Folks,
        I have an adsl connection to the internet and a separate
connection to my work. I have set up squid with adzap and that side
is working fine... no problems. What I want to do now is tell squid
how to reach my work's intranet sites via my work link, that part is
easy (I think) but the wrinkle is that I cannot resolve the intranet
sites via DNS... but I know that the squid proxy at work can resolve
all the intranet addresses I want to get to. So, in a nutshell, I
want to go direct to the internet for all sites except for some
designated sites that should go to the work squid proxy. How can I do
this? I have tried using cache_peer_domain and cache_peer_access but
I always get a "cannot resolve address" error page - I have put a
never_direct in but that does not seem to work either.

--
Brett Lymn