Re: [squid-users] avoiding DNS lookups for some hosts

From: Michael J. Tubby B.Sc. \(Hons\) G8TIC <mike.tubby@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 13:27:56 +0100

Brett,

Two ideas:

Put your host names in /etc/hosts and check that you have order
hosts,bind in /etc/resolv.conf. If that doesn't work then put up
a DNS server on the same machine as squid and arrange it to
be authorative for the intranet hosts (ie. appropriate master zone
files) and a caching DNS resolver for everything else.

Mike