Re: [squid-users] javascript + ntlm auth + IE6

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 05:52:50 +0200

On Tuesday 15 July 2003 01.24, Haydn Byrne wrote:
> Henrik
> Nothing anormal in the access.log or cache.log, however I have
> managed to workaround this problem. The client PC had Java Plugin
> v1.4 installed and that was causing the auth prompts. By turning
> off the plugin everything worked OK. Still, I have some sites which
> need java 1.4 to be accessed correctly so if there are any fixes...

This is a problem with the Java plugin, not Squid.

What you can do is one of

a) Make sure you have basic authentication enabled, for programs not
supporting ntlm.

b) Give access for certain user agents without requiring
authentication at all. The Java plugin advertises itself with a
different user agent string IIRC. (use log_mime_hdrs to see the
request headers including user agent).