RE: [squid-users] Delay Pools Question

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 08:05:19 -0400

> I've not set it up yet, so the answer is, "yes, the spare
> capacity could be given to active users" or am I misreading
> your reply? At the moment we only have 128K but hope to
> have 2Mb soon and we want to be able to ensure that video
> conferencing has enough bandwidth.

It depends on the class of delay pool you use. Class 1 will
allocate unused bandwidth to other users; class 2 and 3 will
not.

Since what you want to do is ensure bandwidth is left for
video conferencing (which I'm guessing isn't proxied by Squid),
I would recommend you use a class 1 delay pool.

See the following for more info on delay pools:

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-19.html

Adam

---