Re: [squid-users] hotmail cannot login

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 21:22:07 +0200

On Tuesday 15 July 2003 15.46, Francisco Obispo wrote:

> when contacting HTTP (80) the request goes with source ip <SQUID>
> and when I contact HTTPS(443) the request has the FW's IP address.

And this you need to fix somehow.

How to fix this is a networking question, not a Squid question.

> what makes difference when I set up the proxy in the browser? the
> source ips are the same as above.. I'm not using squid as a HTTPS
> (443) proxy.

By configuring the browser to use Squid as proxy I meant the normal
method of configuring the browser to use Squid as proxy for all
protocols. In MSIE this is acheived by using the simple proxy
configuration to use the same proxy for all protocols. Other browsers
have other configuration settings for the same effect.