[squid-users] winbind and samba

From: Rodriguez Quintero, Juan Diego, SYNAPSIS Perú <jrodriguez@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:08:22 -0500

Hi...

I have some troubles to configure winbind and samba 2.2.6 on a a RedHat 8.0

I included the next options on samba configuration
--with-winbind
--with-winbind-auth-challenge

Also edited the smb.conf file and join the linux to the domain.

When i test winbind funcionalities with:
winbind -t It works
winbind -u It works. I get the domain users list
winbind -p It works

and when i test
winbind -a user%passwd
plaintext password authentication succeeded
error code was NT_STATUS_OK (0x0)

but when i add the domain options i get the next error
winbind -a domain\\user%passwd
plaintext password authentication failed
error code was NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER (0xc0000064)
Could not authenticate user domain\user%passwd with plaintext password

Any ideas?

Juan Diego