Re: [squid-users] I can't search with my squid

From: Liquid Crystal <liquid.crystal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:31:33 +0300

----- Original Message -----
From: "Henrik Nordstrom" <hno@squid-cache.org>
To: "Liquid Crystal" <liquid.crystal@sadeem.net>;
<squid-users@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 10:03 AM
Subject: Re: [squid-users] I can't search with my squid

> On Wednesday 16 July 2003 08.02, Liquid Crystal wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I finally got my squid up and running, it's only a matter of fine
> > tuning it now. However, I just figured out that I can NOT search!
>
> Have you followed what is said in the Squid FAQ?

Yes Henrik, I'm reading the FAQ and trying to figure out what else problems
I have, like all my requests are being logged as

TCP_MISS/200 and TCP_MISS 304 in the access.log file. I understood that
TCP_MISS indicates that the requested url was not found on the local cache,
hence, it is requested from the upstreaming server (parent cache). I tried
to request a page which I requested yesterday, which is supposed to be in
the local cache but it gave me TCP_MISS/304, shouldn't it give me TCP_HIT?