RE: [squid-users] Squid NTLM, Winbind Authentication Cache Issue:

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 16 Jul 2003 19:35:14 +0200

ons 2003-07-16 klockan 19.22 skrev Joseph M Siegmann:
> Looks like that did fix the problem.
>
> I changed in my /etc/squid/squid.conf file the line:
> external_acl_type gpuser2 %LOGIN /usr/lib/squid/wb_group
> to:
> external_acl_type gpuser2 ttl=1 concurrency=5 %LOGIN
> /usr/lib/squid/wb_group

You probably want a longer ttl than this.. I would suggest something
like the following as a startingpoint for groups:

   ttl=600 negative_ttl=30

This makes Squid remember for 10 minutes that a user is member of a
group, and 30 seconds that he is not. This allows for reasonably fast
propagation of changes with given priority to changes where a user is
added to groups.

This balance works well assuming groups are used for giving permissions,
not further restricting users only because they are member of certain
groups.

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before