[squid-users] System crash with Squid 2.4.7 on Solaris 8

From: Wallace, Brian S. <wallacebs@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:11:43 -0400

Hi:

We are running 3 Squid 2.4.7 servers on Solaris 8 systems. Recently, we started getting system crashes. There is no syslog information about the crashes, but "lom -a" shows the following information:

8 squid[19470]: Squid Parent: child process 20522 exited with staq is badly
damaged. The system is being halted. Either reinstall
the system or boot with the -b option in an attempt
to recover.

Anyone run across this before? At this point, I don't know if it's a Squid or Solaris problem. I apologize if this has been covered before, but I have looked through the FAQ's and other online documentation.

Thanks for your help,

Brian S. Wallace

Oak Ridge National Laboratory
P. O. Box 2008, MS 6025