Re: [squid-users] Transperent Proxy

From: Chijioke Kalu <kchijioke@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 10:06:00 -0700

lo,

if ur Squid port is 3128

then the correct iptable rule to redirect to squid is

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p TCP --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 3128

I am also assuming your doing NAT or are u talking about TPROXY?

Regards,

Squid is running O.K.
Presently I get access log only of those clients where
I have changed proxy settings. It is not possible to
go to all machines and change the same. I thing I can
use transperent proxy for some. Squid FAQ does not
give information about transperent proxy. Please
suggest me some good documentation for the same for
Linux 8, Squid 2.5 combination.
Thanks