[squid-users] Running squid -k reconfigure frequently

From: Steve Cody <squidusers@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 00:31:26 -0400

Hello all,

I would like to know if there is a negative impact on a system, or on Squid,
if the squid -k reconfigure command is ran at a frequent interval. For
example, I would like to run it about every 2 minutes to make user changes
take effect rapidly.

Is that going to be a problem? If so, is there a better interval to use, or
a better way to make user changes take effect? I'm using user authentication
and the changes I'm talking about are user creation, enabling, disabling, and
deleting. The changes don't take effect until the squid -k reconfigure
command is ran.

Thanks in advance!
Steve Cody