Re: [squid-users] Running squid -k reconfigure frequently

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 11:22:48 +0200

On Monday 21 July 2003 03.03, Jay Turner wrote:
> I have been running Squid versions 2.4 STABLE6 - 2.5 STABLE2 and I
> have a system that also uses reconfigure frequently to update
> blocking lists automatically for squidGuard.

You don't need to reconfigure to have squidguard reread it's
configuration. A "squid -k rotate" is sufficient.

If you build access controls using an external database such as LDAP
etc then you will not need to ever reconfigure Squid due to access
control changes.

> I generally use a 5 minute interval scheduled in cron but I use a
> token file that is checked for before I issue a reconfigure. That
> is, reconfigure is only called if changes have been made (which is
> infrequent, but could occur at any time).

Good idea to limit the "squid -k reconfigure" calls.