Re: [squid-users] Compressing HTML pages before sending to client

From: Schelstraete Bart <bart@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 11:50:19 +0200

Hello,

What about performance? If Squids needs to compress every file, then
will decrease the performance a lot....and it will ask a lot of CPU.
If you're using one Squid proxy it will save diskspace, but that's it.
But if you have multiple Squids running, and those Squid can communicate
to each other with compressed files it will save a lot bandwith, and
the speed between those 2 servers will increase......but like I said,
you need more powerfull machines.

rgrds,

       Bart