[squid-users] How to configure the squid-cache to working with webshield appliance (E500)?

From: Niti Lohwithee <nitil@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 09:55:01 +0700

Dear all ,

Nowaday, we using the squid-cache version 2.5 stable1 as a proxy server
and run in "Runcache Mode" on Linux 2.4.7-10 as the OS, we will design
to use the other hardware to run webshield appliance for scanning the
viruses before sending and receiving HTTP package.

For this reason, we configure the linux's gateway to point to the
webshield appliance but doesn't configure in squid-cache. After that we
will test to brows the webpage via proxy as the same before using
webshield appliance, the result that when client request HTTP to proxy,
the proxy can't send the request to webshield appliance and client can't
acces the internet.

About this problem and situation, we don't know how we configure the
squid-cache to forward the HTTP request to the webshield appliance.
Please suggest and show how to configure squid-cache.

I will be appriciated if someone help

Thank you very much

Regards
Niti : )