Re: [squid-users] How to configure the squid-cache to working with webshield appliance (E500)?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 09:50:47 +0200

On Tuesday 22 July 2003 04.55, Niti Lohwithee wrote:

> For this reason, we configure the linux's gateway to point to the
> webshield appliance but doesn't configure in squid-cache.

This requires the webshield appliance to run as a router with
transparent interception of the traffic to be scanned. If it does
then this should work, assuming you have got the networking parts
correct.

If the webshield appliance actually is a proxy and prefers to be used
as such then see the Squid FAQ on how to forward all requests to
another proxy.