[squid-users] Re: IE under mac OS9

From: JOHN HUMPHREY <JHUMPHREY@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 10:34:17 -0500

Jason,
We do no do LDAP authenticating, however had similar intermittent issue
with IE 5.16 and Mac OS 9 that was solved by turining on
is_refresh on
in squid.conf.
Hope this info helps!

 John Humphrey
CNA
Senior Network Support
Southwest Allen County Schools
CMT Center
5120 Homestead Rd
Ft Wayne, IN 46814
network@sacs.k12.in.us
260.431.2300

>>> Jason Parlevliet <jase@rmit.edu.au> 07/21/03 10:31PM >>>
Hi There

I have two probs, but I'll seperate them into seperate emails

I have Squid authenticating against the Novell tree via LDAP. Problem

I'm having is that IE users under Mac OS9 are asked to authenticate as

normal, and that works fine, but then they get this message :

While trying to retrieve the URL: /

The following error was encountered

         - Invalid URL

Some aspect of the requested URL is incorrect. Possible Problems :

        - MIssing or incorrect access protocol (should be http:// or
similar)
        - Missing hostname
        - Illegal double-escape in the URL-Path
        - Illegal character in hostname; underscores are not allowed

This happens regardless of the URL - eg http://www.rmit.edu.au or
http://www.cnn.com

If you put a path in there eg http://www.rmit.edu.au/adc/helpdesk you
get the same problem but it says
While trying to retrieve the URL: /adc/helpdesk

It's like IE is only asking for the path and not the domain name.
Anyone seen this before?
Jase

--
Jason Parlevliet - Technical Services Coordinator
Faculty of Art Design and Communication