RE: [squid-users] Is there a delay-pool FAQ someplace

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 11:43:38 -0400

Yes, there is a delay pool FAQ:

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-19.html#ss19.8

If you haven't read it already, I recommend you do so.
There's also documentation in the default squid.conf.

Some things to remember:

1) Delay pool settings are in bytes, and your bandwidth
is likely measured in bits

2) You can control access to the delay pools using any
standard acl

3) With Class 2 and 3, if you don't want to set a total,
per-network, and/or per-user limit, just set the limit
to -1/-1.

4) I don't know for sure if you can set the per-user
limits in Class 2 and 3 pools to -1/-1 (never used those
classes), but if you can, then it should divide bandwidth
evenly among connections, up to the network/total limit
(similar to a Class 1).

If you come up with a setup you think will work, and it's
not working how you expect it to, then by all means ask.

Show us the Squid acl and delay settings you're using, what
you expected it to do, and what it really did.

Adam

---