Re: [squid-users] Efficient ACL to restrict to user's own IP Address

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 23 Jul 2003 18:56:21 +0200

There is also some docs on http://devel.squid-cache.org/external_acl/>

> What is the main idea how to use external_acl_type ?

To be able to easily plug into custom access controls into Squid.

> Is it possible to adapt the ncsa authentication scheme
> (or to combine it with other directive e.g.
> external_acl_type?, or with simple scripts) to take
> into account the additional IP address field ?

The ncsa_auth helper should parse the password fine, but you need to
write your own external acl helper to check the IP address and refer to
this via external_acl_type. (ncsa_auth will then check the password,
your helper the IP)

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before