Re: [squid-users] Efficient ACL to restrict to user's own IP Address

From: Aqil <aq1l@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 04:36:17 +0200 (CEST)

 --- Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org> a écrit :
> On Tuesday 22 July 2003 05.05, Aqil wrote:
> > restrict every user to log into squid only from
> their
> > own IP Address.
>
> The user_ip external acl helper comes to mind here.

Where can I find a good doc concerning
external_acl_type ? I've already read its doc in
squid.conf, but I think I need more info :)

What is the main idea how to use external_acl_type ?

Btw,
I am thinking to append an additional field for each
user's IP address in my database. Then my database
will look like this :

user1:encryptedpassword:IP_address_of_user1

Is it possible to adapt the ncsa authentication scheme
(or to combine it with other directive e.g.
external_acl_type?, or with simple scripts) to take
into account the additional IP address field ?

> Regards
> Henrik

Thanks in advanece

regards,