Re: [squid-users] Hardware specs

From: <Paul.Fiero@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:48:10 -0500

I have heard that it would be preferrable to set up the cache storage area
on a RAID 5 set using high speed ultra SCSI drives and a caching
controller. Does this sound right? I haven't comitted to any hardware yet
but may actually have a budget to get two boxes (primary / failover) built
to my specs. Currently looking at single 1Ghz processor boxes, 1Gb RAM, and
3 36gb 15k rpm drives attached to a caching RAID controller.

Any suggestions about the failover option?

PFiero

---