[squid-users] Squid code/identd query

From: Chris Wilcox <not_rich_yet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 21:08:13 +0100

Not sure if this is possible, but is there anywhere within the squid code
that defines which part of the identd request is used to allow the username
ACL capability of squid? I presume this must exist somewhere?

If I (can!) alter this to instead use the hostname response from identd then
I have the ability to control Internet access by PC hostname. So, say I
then use SquidGuard aswell to filter the content, can I get squid to pass
the correct part of the identd response (ie the username) to squidguard?

Any form of response gratefully accepted!

Regards,

nry

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger