Re: [squid-users] IE6 and Squid Problem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 00:13:12 +0200

On Thursday 24 July 2003 19.59, Jim Richey wrote:
> I'm encountering a strange problem with IE6 SP1 (Version
> 6.0.2800.1106) and Squid 2.5STABLE3. Squid is running on Linux
> kernel 2.4.18 and is using basic authentication with LDAP. IE is
> set to forward SSL requests through Squid. When making a request to
> an SSL server such as https://www.visa.com I get the authentication
> window. After successfully authenticating I get the error listed
> below. After clicking refresh the problem does not occur. This
> problem does not occur when using Mozilla 1.4. It also does not
> occur when using IE with Squid 2.4STABLE7.

This is a browser bug.

As workaround you can try disabling client side persistent connections
in squid.conf, it might help.

The change from Squid-2.4 to Squid-2.5 is that Squid-2.5 enables the
use of persistent connections on error messages such as "login
required", and apparently this confuses your version of MSIE when
requesting https:// sites.

Opening a support ticket with Microsoft is recommended if you have a
support agreement.