Re: [squid-users] Tracking data downloads/duration of use

From: Richard <m3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 16:30:09 +1000

Adam Luchjenbroers (by way of Adam Luchjenbroer) wrote:

>This was posted under "Configuration", sorry for using such a generic name but
>I was tired at the time.
>
>How would I go about tracking duration of usage and downloading of data by a
>specific user.
>
>Identification would likely be by using login/pass for proxy, or just
> terminal login and ident.
>
>The proxy will be used in a kiosk environment, where each person can use it
>and then be billed for time used/data transfered.
>
>If information regarding both these statistics can also be provided to the
>user, it would be good :)

Hi Adam,

There are quite a few good pieces of software around to analyse log
files from Squid.

pwebstats is all written in Perl so you can hack away at it and make it
your bitch:
http://martin.gleeson.com/pwebstats/

I would also reccomend taking a look at sourceforge.net as I recall some
projects going on there at some point.