[squid-users] unable to use squid over vpn

From: Hugo Bouckaert <Hugo.Bouckaert@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 17:16:49 +0800

Hi

I am trying to make squid over a VPN connection, but no matter what I
try, I can't get it to work. I have squid-2.5-stable-2 installed on a
RedHat 9.0 machine and from within the office it works fine. However,
when I make a VPN connection to the Windows domain from outside, I can't
get squid to work for the connected machine.

The relevant lines I have in squid.conf are this:

acl our_networks src 192.168.2.0/24 10.1.1.0/24
http_access allow our_networks

where 192.168.2.0/24 is our local network and 10.1.1.0/24 is the VPN
network connection

earlier on I also have the line:

acl local_lan src 192.168.2.0/24
http_access allow local_lan

This, I thought, would be sufficient for the local network and the VPN
to work. However, machines in the local network 192.168.2.0/24 work
fine with squid (the access.log file lists new entries when machines are
using squid), but machines connecting through the VPN - with them it
does not work at all.

How can I make the VPN work with my squid cache server?

Thanks

Hugo

Dr Hugo Bouckaert
Systems and Programming Engineer
GeoInformatics Exploration Australia P/L
57 Havelock St
West Perth, WA 6005
PO Box 1675, West Perth 6872
Ph: 61 08 9420 7400
Fax: 61 08 9226 1299
www.geoinformex.com

This email and any attachments may be confidential or legally
privileged. If you received this message in error or are not the
intended recipient, you should destroy the e-mail message and any
attachments or copies, and you are prohibited from retaining,
distributing, disclosing or using any information contained herein.
Please inform us of the erroneous delivery by return e-mail. Thank you
for your cooperation.