[squid-users] Transparent proxying and two WAN links

From: CPD - Equipe de Segurança <security@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 11:47:33 -0300

Gentlman,

I'm facing the following scenario. One machine with three NICs, one
internal and two WAN ( external ) interfaces. Now, I want all the HTTP (
port 80 ) traffic to be sent through WAN #1 with squid, and all the rest
through WAN #2.

My idea is to do it with IPFW, adding the following rule :

$fwcmd add fwd xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,4290 tcp from any to any 80 in recv bge1

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx being the WAN #1 address and bge1 being in the internal
interface .

Now, the default route points to the WAN #2 router , so I'm sure I need an
extra route for the WAN#1 interface.

Has anyone ever got into this mess?

Thanks

- Alexandre