Re: [squid-users] Transparent proxying and two WAN links

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 19:31:27 +0200

On Tuesday 29 July 2003 16.47, CPD - Equipe de Segurança wrote:

> Now, the default route points to the WAN #2 router , so I'm sure I
> need an extra route for the WAN#1 interface.
>
> Has anyone ever got into this mess?

I do things like this quite often, but on Linux.

The technology you need to use is "Policy routing". For Linux this is
documented in the Linux Advanced Routing HOWTO, but this document is
specific to Linux only.. As there is no UNIX standard on how to
configure policy routing each vendor does things their own way
unfortunately.