Re: [squid-users] Squid File Locations for standard Denied message

From: Adam <adam-s@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:43:45 -0700

Jim wrote:
> At one time I had located the files that are used to create the different
> messages for example when a user receives a denied message. Can anyone
> please tell me this location again. I am using Debian.

I believe it's all in $SQIDHOME/share/errors/<YOURLANGUAGE>. For example
/usr/local/squid/share/errors/English has the ERR_DNS_FAIL message and many
more.

adam

P.S. Had you wanted to find this or something in the future for yourself,
you can use the following to do a recursive find. I've tried putting it all
on find's command line and it gets hung-up/stuck in binaries, but this goes
pretty fast (got it off Usenet many years ago). For example to find the
above file I just typed afwraseqwerasdfas.com, got one of the error pages
and then searched for that pattern (I assume it works in bash):

!/bin/ksh
cd /usr/local/squid
find . -type f -print | while read i; do
         grep -l 'Unable to determine IP' $i >/dev/null 2>&1 && echo "found
$i"
done