[squid-users] Squid 2.5, authentication and ICQ

From: BERGOTTO Mario TECHTEL <mbergotto@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 17:53:51 -0300

Hi everybody...
I've just configured squid 2.5 stable 3 to work with ntlm & basic
authentication and it's working just fine.
Now I'm trying to make msn messenger, yahoo and icq to work with it, and
I've just managed to make the first two do it just right, but I can't do it
with ICQ.

On my logs, I can see that on icq requests, no user is ever logged, although
I tried every possible configuration (setting proxy, username, password, etc
etc)...

Has anybody made this work??

My conf:

auth_param ntlm program /usr/local/squid/libexec/ntlm_auth DOMAIN\\SERVER
auth_param ntlm children 5

auth_param basic program /usr/local/squid/libexec/wb_auth -d
auth_param basic children 1
auth_param basic realm techtelproxy
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours

external_acl_type wb_group %LOGIN /usr/local/squid/libexec/wb_group

acl NoChat external wb_group G_NoChat

acl DestinoChat dst gateway.messenger.hotmail.com
acl DestinoChat dst login.passport.com
acl DestinoChat dst loginnet.passport.com
acl DestinoChat dst rad.msn.com
acl DestinoChat dst shttp.msg.yahoo.com
acl DestinoChat dst insider.msg.yahoo.com
acl DestinoChat dst pgq.yahoo.com
acl DestinoChat dst http.proxy.icq.com

acl corp src 10.160.0.0/255.255.0.0
acl corp src 10.161.0.0/255.255.0.0
acl corp src 150.30.0.0/255.255.0.0
acl corp src 172.16.0.0/255.248.0.0
acl corp src 192.168.23.0/255.255.255.0
acl authusers proxy_auth REQUIRED

acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0

http_access allow corp authusers !DestinoChat
http_access allow corp authusers DestinoChat !NoChat

Regards,

Mario Bergotto
Sistemas
Techtel Telecomunicaciones
mbergotto@techtel.com.ar
TE. (54-11) 4000-3192
Este mensaje de correo electrónico y sus adjuntos contienen información
confidencial y son para uso exclusivo del destinatario. Si hubiese recibido
este mensaje por error le agradecemos nos lo haga saber y lo elimine de su
sistema; no deberá usar, retener, diseminar, distribuir o copiar este
mensaje o sus adjuntos, o revelar su contenido.

This e-mail message and any attachments thereto contain confidential
information, and are only for use by the addressee. If you have received
this e-mail message by mistake please let us know and delete it from your
system; you should not use, retain, disseminate, distribute or copy this
message or any attachments thereto, or disclose their contents to anyone.