[squid-users] Who uses squid?

From: <Paul.Fiero@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:25:29 -0500

I am once again asking, in reference to justification at our location, if
anyone can give me an idea of any large networks using squid for their
caching requirements.

We are currently considering a move to squid as an alternative to our
current cache appliance. The powers that be here would like a little bit of
an assurance that installations aren't just limited to small networks and
schools. Some of you have already responded to a previous query of this
nature and I appreciate the data. I have those numbers in a document
already. I am just looking for a bit more.

Please feel free to respond either on or off list.

Thanks so very much,

Paul Fiero
Information Security Analyst
City of Austin Communications and Technology Management
(512) 974-3559
paul.fiero@ci.austin.tx.us

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The information contained in this ELECTRONIC MAIL transmission is
confidential. It may also be privileged work product or proprietary
information. This information is intended for the exclusive use of the
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution [other than to the
addressee(s)], copying or taking of any action because of this information
is strictly prohibited.

Vampireware /n/, a project, capable of sucking the lifeblood out of anyone
unfortunate enough to be assigned to it, which never actually sees the light
of day, but nonetheless refuses to die.