RE: [squid-users] Squid.conf setting queries

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 10:07:39 -0400

> But these restrictions are not working at all. User
> can still access to kazza. Also not much performance
> improvemnt is seen. Is there anything wrong in
> configuration file.

Beyond that, what kind of performance boost are you
looking for? Where are your bottlenecks? We need to
know this to help you optimize performance.

I can give you a few suggestions, though.

1) Change the STOP2 acl to read:

acl STOP2 dstdomain www.kazza.com

I haven't tried blocking Kazaa in Squid, so I can't
say if this will work, but I think it's closer to
the answer than what you had originally.

2) Change the magic_words1 acl to read:

acl magic_words1 dst 192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0

Unless your clients type in 192.168.xxx.xxx when
accessing your internal sites, using url_regex won't
match - it matches on the actual requested URL.

3) You could try using aufs instead of ufs for your
cache_dir - this won't trash your cache, but you may
need to recompile Squid.

It won't help if your disks are overloaded already,
but it will keep disk I/O delays from holding up the
main Squid process.

Adam

---