Re: [squid-users] squid authentication

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 10:47:26 +0200

On Sunday 03 August 2003 03.24, malbor@argentina.com wrote:
> Hello friends: I am new in the subject squid, I'd like help to
> bypass authenticacion of squid for a local direction IP (that
> server must leave to Internet without requesting me user and
> password)
>
> I d like to know too , how can leave user group access ONLY to one
> site (corporate) and nothing else. But the other people will must
> access to the rest of internet.

You do this by allowing that server access to that site before where
you require others to authenticate.

http_access is a ordered list of rules. The FIRST rule where all acl
names listed matches the request determines if the request is to be
allowed or denied.

When Squid encounters an ACL requiring a username (proxy_auth etc) it
requires authentication from the user.

What this means is that you need to create two acls, one for matching
the server and one for the site, then make a http_access rule
allowing the combination of these two somewhere before your
http_access rule which requires authentication.

> Sorry for my english. I appreciate any help. Thanks to the
> community.

Your english is fine. Most of us are not native english speaking.