[squid-users] redirect from http to https

From: Andrew <andrew@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 11:15:33 -0400

I have squid set up in accelerator mode in front of my web server. I
would like to ensure that users access some of the content on the web
server using https. I tried the example in the squid FAQ just to see if
it would work but it didn't. With the redirection script in place, my
browser spins until a message comes up saying that the maximum
redirection limit was reached. This happens whenever I try to access a
page that matches the pattern in my redirection script. Here is the
script I used:

#!/usr/bin/perl

$|=1;
     while (<>){
         @X = split;
         $url = $X[0];
         if ($url =~ /^http:\/\/my\.domain\.dom\/securecontent/){
             $url =~ s/^http/https/;
             print "302:$url\n";
         } else {
             print "$url\n";
         }
}

With the redirector program in place, I can still access other content
on the web server without problems.

If I don't use the redirector program (the 'redirect_program' parameter
is not set in squid.conf) I can access the secure content fine with
either http or https which I think indicates that I've set up my
certificate and other squid parameters correctly.

I hope someone can shed some light on my dilema.

Andrew