Re: [squid-users] redirect from http to https

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 18:13:43 +0200

On Sunday 03 August 2003 17.15, Andrew wrote:
> I have squid set up in accelerator mode in front of my web server.
> I would like to ensure that users access some of the content on the
> web server using https. I tried the example in the squid FAQ just
> to see if it would work but it didn't. With the redirection script
> in place, my browser spins until a message comes up saying that the
> maximum redirection limit was reached

Most likely your redirect script witks a bit too well... redirecting
https:// accesses as well.

Squid-2.5 has the peculiar limitation that requests accepted by
https_port will internally be processed as http:// requests, meaning
that http:// is sent to redirectors etc.

What you can do to differentiate http_port from https_port in
squid-2.5 is to enable httpd_accel_port virtual, then look for the
port number in your redirector, clean up the url etc.

Another option is to look into Squid-3.0 where this is a whole lot
easier and does not require a redirector helper.