Re: [squid-users] Squid, WCCP, and Loading?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 10:56:02 +0200

On Monday 04 August 2003 10.05, Masood Ahmad Shah wrote:
> Respected Henrik,
> If he is running WCCP then I think no need to block cache proxy
> traffic from router for intercepting... because Cisco router does
> not redirect wccp packets to cache that is in WCCP table.

I's say if enabling/disabling WCCP at the router while making no other
changes makes a difference for non-WCCP traffic (i.e. when using the
proxy directly) then the above mentioned feature is not working like
it should, or not existing in this Cisco router/IOS version.

Adding rules to not redirect traffic from the proxy server is always a
safe bet to try.