Re: [squid-users] Error TCP_NEGATIVE_HIT

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 04 Aug 2003 18:41:56 +0200

mån 2003-08-04 klockan 14.33 skrev Eder Sacramento:
> Hi People !!!
>
> I was trying to actualize a win-application from the
> Web, but this don't happened. The squid's log says me:
>
> > 1059737783.729 44 192.168.2.110 TCP_NEGATIVE_HIT/404 4254 GET
> > http://www1.caixa.gov.br/Download/_flash/db.txt - NONE/- text/html

This object does not exists on the Internet.

> I searched at Google and I observed that the problem was something about
> the parameter "negative_ttl", like described below:

This parameter just allows Squid to not have to query the web server
over and over on errors like the above in case many clients tries to
reach an object which does not exists or other terminal errors.

> I changed the parameter to 15 minutes and the problem wasn't solved !!!

The problem is not likely to be solved until the web server
administrator publishes the object again, or the application is updated
to use the current location (in case the object have moved).

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before