Re: [squid-users] patch for squid.conf include directive

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 06 Aug 2003 08:15:13 +1000

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 07:09, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 August 2003 22.12, Nick Bartos wrote:
> > I have been searching for a way to get an include directive in the
> > squid.conf file. I found a patch, but it didn't apply to the
> > latest stable version. I also see that someone added it to the
> > generic_modules branch, but I would like to stick with the stable
> > version.
>
> This functionality sort of exists for Squid-3.0 only.

Just a note on the old patches I did up:
  the generic_modules branch was over-ambitious for the time - many of
the issues it ran in to have been easily solved in the squid-3.0 code
base. So, patches in that development tree are useful for comparison,
but -not- for any sort of production use.
  the other include patch, may still have some eventual value in HEAD,
if we add some sort of config-watching logic - that could be done
outside via a config-push approach as well - which has other tradeoffs..

Cheers,
Rob