Re: [squid-users] patch for squid.conf include directive

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 23:09:02 +0200

On Tuesday 05 August 2003 22.12, Nick Bartos wrote:
> I have been searching for a way to get an include directive in the
> squid.conf file. I found a patch, but it didn't apply to the
> latest stable version. I also see that someone added it to the
> generic_modules branch, but I would like to stick with the stable
> version.

This functionality sort of exists for Squid-3.0 only.

In Squid-3.0 you can specify that the configuration file is to be read
from a program, allowing you to automatically run any preprocessor to
process include statements etc before the configuration is read by
Squid.

For Squid-2.5 and earler the same has to be done outside squid,
generating a temporary "squid.conf" squid can read.