Re: [squid-users] cache query when switching squid servers

From: Richard Fuser <m3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 04:23:18 +1000

Andrew Thomson wrote:
> I'm upgrading my squid proxy server and am curious if I can just tar up
> my squid cache directory and then untar it on the new server??
>
> cheers,
>
> ajt.

Hi Andrew,

I may be incorrect in saying this but I dont think its that simple, what
we have done is the past is built out new server/s and then configured
the 2 servers new & old be be siblings, therefore when your new server
is serving requests it will query cache on its sibling (your old cache)
before it goes out to the internet to get it.

I would be interested to hear other alternatives...

Hope this helps.

--
Regards,
Richard Fuser