Fw: [squid-users] Strange Log

From: Awie <awie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 11:13:08 +0800

Henrik,

I think what you suspect is absolutely correct. Few days ago, I upgraded the
BIOS / Firmware of my System board. As I read the news release from the
vendor that they remove one feature in the new firmware; it is UDMA-6
support. As ICH4 does not support it (I don't know what it is).

However, kernel panic only impact (happen) to Squid when read/write cache. I
can upgrade kernel and compile some software very well. After kernel panic,
there is kernel Oops messages and Linux seems OK, but Squid became very
slow.

Anyway, I don't mean that Squid facing this issue. After I downgrade the
firmware, everything seems run so normal.

Thx & Rgds,

Awie