Re: [squid-users] Multiple Host in Accelerator Mode

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 14:15:50 +0200

On Friday 08 August 2003 22.27, mmckenzie@unmc.edu wrote:
> I have a squid server running in accelerator mode with just one
> host.
>
> I want to put all of our serves in the proxy so all of our servers
> look like one server.
>
> Can I do this and how??

Yes it is possible.

For Suqid-2.5 the easiest way is to

1. Add the accelerated domains to your /etc/hosts with the IP
addresses of their corresponding real web server.

2. Configure squid.conf with

    http_port 80

    httpd_accel_host your.main.site
    httpd_accel_uses_host_header on
    httpd_accel_port 80
    httpd_accel_with_proxy on (required for HTTP compliance)

    acl HTTP protocol HTTP
    acl port80 port 80
    acl myservers dst ip.of.server1 ip.of.server2 ...

    http_access allow HTTP port80 myservers
    http_access deny all

For Squid-3.0 all the configuration is in squid.conf and slightly
different compared to Squid-2.5.

    http_port 80 accel vhost defaultsite=your.main.site
    acl HTTP protocol HTTP
    acl port80 port 80

    acl domains_server1 dstdomain www.example.com ...
    cache_peer ip.of.server1 parent 80 0 no-query originserver
           name=server1
    cache_peer_access allow server1 domain_server1
    http_access allow HTTP port80 domains_server1

    [repeat the above four lines for each server]

    http_access deny all