Re: [squid-users] external_acl and http_reply_access

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 15:45:20 +0200

On Sunday 10 August 2003 10.31, Joshua Brindle wrote:

> X-Naughty header. I've been playing around with an external acl
> and I always get data back if I use something like %LOGIN or %PATH
> but I cannot get any header info back with %{header} . In the
> squid.conf it says "request header" but i figured that was just
> an oversight of using external acl's in http_access but alas
> it does not appear to be giving me reply headers back :(

There is no external acl method for accessing reply headers, only
request headers.

Also, in squid-2.5 external acl methods is not suitable for use in
http_reply_access as http_reply_access can not wait for any external
lookups to complete. The latter is addressed in Squid-3 I think.

(access controls using reply headers must take place in
http_reply_access, as they need access to the reply and http_access
executes before the request is forwarded..)