[squid-users] external_acl and http_reply_access

From: Joshua Brindle <JBrindle@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 03:31:36 -0500

following the advice of rc I'm trying to implement an external_acl
that will handle redirecting any page that comes back with an
X-Naughty header. I've been playing around with an external acl
and I always get data back if I use something like %LOGIN or %PATH
but I cannot get any header info back with %{header} . In the
squid.conf it says "request header" but i figured that was just
an oversight of using external acl's in http_access but alas
it does not appear to be giving me reply headers back :(

Is this a known issue, I've been digging through source code
and the only relavent thing i've found is

        case _external_acl_format::EXT_ACL_HEADER:
            sb = httpHeaderGetByName(&request->header,
format->header);
            str = sb.buf();
            break;

which specifically returns the request header, is there a way
to make this check which side of the request we are on, or
will a new type %{reply:header} or whatever need to be
created? I'll play around with this a bit but I'd like the opinion of
the squid gurus

Joshua Brindle
UNIX Administrator
Southern Nazarene University