Re: [squid-users] squid + axel

From: Bob Arctor <curious@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 00:38:59 +0200

it accelerates in two ways :
1)if you have more than one connection to the internet, and your proxy does
load balance, or you have multiple interfaces in your machine, multiple
parts of file are downloaded via multiple connections

2) if server is load balanced, and it's domain have many aliases, chosen
round robin as you connect, each part of file is downloaded from different
server

as an 'extra' there is ftpsearch feature, where axel search for mirrors. it
is only feature, because can't be used in everyday's life, as it doesn't
check md5sums or other checksums, and it is thus unsafe to download from
untrusted mirrors.