Re: [squid-users] squid + axel

From: Bob Arctor <curious@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 00:49:22 +0200

you take it bad...

1)if server is load balanced (have many aliases, and many ip numbers via many
ISP's) this is the ONLY way to balance load across all off them, instead of
overloading only one

2)it is not intended to use if you have only one ip number, and trafic
shapers like shaperd prevent such programs from abusing slow links by not
allowing multiple connections to same hosts.

3)it is _only_ way to balance traffic if you have multiple slow lines (like
few dialups, like i do have)

it is not intended to use for ten T1 connections, to connect to server
balanced on another ten T1's (altrough it would would work to load balance
such traffic)

it is rather for downloading with reasonable speed on say, three dialups
(i.e. using land-dialup, cellphone, and wireless link to quickly download
something). if you'll ever visit poland you'll know what i mean :)

also, if server is load balanced on i.e. 10 slow links, it would allow you to
download with greater speed from it . otherwise no matter how many links
server owner on siberia will manage to get, your DSL will still suck big
file from his page @ 2k/sec ;)