[squid-users] Stange "Access Denied" issue

From: Holger Schletz <holger.schletz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 16:45:06 +0200

Hi,

I have a problem with my Squid 2.5.STABLE1 (from my SuSE 8.2 distro). It works
fine except when I try to access a local Apache Server on the same machine.

The DNS entry for my box is like mybox.mydomain. When I connect to my web
server via squid, I get an "(111) Connection refused" error. My access.log
shows a line like this:

TCP_MISS/503 1432 GET http://mybox.mydomain/ - NONE/- text/html

No connection is logged by Apache, so I think Squid not even tries to connect
to it.

Now for the strange stuff:
My Box has some DNS aliases like www.mydomain. These aliases work, as well as
entrering just the IP adress in the client browser!
Connecting directly to mybox.mydomain without squid works, too.

What's going on there?

Holger