RE: [squid-users] User Authentication using NCSA module.

From: ads squid <adssquid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 08:00:26 -0700 (PDT)

Yes I have used rpm -ql and found out location.
So my command in .conf file is
"auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/ncsa_auth
/usr/local/squid/etc/passwd"

I have created password file. path
/usr/local/squid/etc/passwd. tried to creat username
and passowd by command
[root@abcd root]# htpasswd &#8722;bd
/usr/local/squid/etc/passwd xyz ads
Gets following error.
Usage:
        htpasswd [-cmdps] passwordfile username
        htpasswd -b[cmdps] passwordfile username
password

        htpasswd -n[mdps] username
        htpasswd -nb[mdps] username password
 -c Create a new file.
 -n Don't update file; display results on stdout.
 -m Force MD5 encryption of the password.
 -d Force CRYPT encryption of the password (default).
 -p Do not encrypt the password (plaintext).
 -s Force SHA encryption of the password.
 -b Use the password from the command line rather
than prompting for it.
On Windows, NetWare and TPF systems the '-m' flag is
used by default.
On all other systems, the '-p' flag will probably not
work.

Thanks for support.