Re: [squid-users] CPU utilization performance issue

From: Michael R. Wayne <wayne@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 12:51:22 -0400

On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 09:30:26AM +0200, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> On high-end setups using RAID1 for the cache drives is recommended
> method of increasing the reliability and decreasing management cost
> at only the cost of doubles number of drives needed for cache.

I suspect that much of the concern regarding RAID for the cache
drives could be eliminated if Squid would properly "fail soft" once
it saw N errors on a cache drive and simply ignore that drive from
that point forward. The largest concern is generally that the
server continue to process requests in the event of a drive failure,
not that cache data be preserved.

/\/\ \/\/