RE: [squid-users] User Authentication using NCSA module.

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 12:57:09 -0400

> Now if user is accessing from WIN 98 machine. I think When
> browser opens it It shoud prompt for Username and password.
> Then If I enter username and password matching from passwd
> file it should permit to access internet as per acls.

Basically - yes, that is how it works.

Setting up an acl

acl xyz proxy_auth REQUIRED

will make acl xyz match on any user that authenticates
successfully.

You can also specify individual users:

acl abc proxy_auth jdoe sdoe jsmith

This will match only for those listed users.

There is also a proxy_auth_regex acl, which allows you to
match users using regular expressions.

Adam